2018 Ram 2500 Towing Capacity & Performance
How much can a Ram 2500 tow? Properly equipped, the 2018 Ram 2500 has a maximum gas towing capacity of 16,320 pounds and a maximum diesel towing capacity of 17,980 pounds. Based on these numbers, it’s easy to see why the new Ram 2500 is such a popular pickup truck among Boise drivers. Read on to learn more about the Ram 2500 towing capacity, payload, and more!
Ram 2500 Engine Options
The 2018 Ram 2500 towing capability depends on your engine choice. Here’s a quick overview of each of its performance and powertrain options:
- Standard 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine: This engine comes standard for the Ram 2500. It produces 383 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque, and can tow as much as 13,890 pounds. Maximum payload is 3,060 pounds.
- Available 6.4L HEMI® V8 Engine: With two spark plugs per cylinder, this V8 generates 410 hp and 429 lb-ft of torque. It can tow as much as 16,320 pounds and has a maximum payload of 3,990 pounds.
- Available 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 Engine: This heavy-duty engine produces up to 370 hp and 800 lb-ft of torque. Towing and payload capacity is 17,980 pounds and 3,160 pounds, respectively. This engine also has a Best-in-Class* 15,000-mile oil change interval.
Ram 2500 Towing & Handling Features
In addition to three engines, the 2018 Ram 2500 offers the following features to streamline towing and hauling for Nampa drivers:
- Two Transmissions: The 5.7L and 6.4L HEMI® engines come with a 6-speed automatic transmission. The Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 is available with either a 6-speed manual or the 6-speed automatic.
- Five-Link Coil Rear Suspension: This system works to reduce friction without impacting towing, resulting in greater maneuverability on Meridian roads.
- Available Rear Auto-Level Air Suspension: With this available system, you can push a button to switch between two ride heights to suit your towing and payload needs.
Test Drive the 2018 Ram 2500 at Dennis Dillon Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Caldwell!
When it comes to heavy-duty trucks, the 2018 Ram 2500 towing capacity never fails to impress. Learn more in our RV Towing Guide, and contact us to schedule a test drive near Twin Falls and Mountain Home to judge it for yourself. Need more towing power? See how much the Ram 3500 can tow and haul!
*Class based on 250/2500 Pickups.
More From Dennis Dillon Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
As an owner of a RAM vehicle, you can customize it anyway you want – from lifting it to hitching it to a camper. RAM truck drivers who frequently off-road around Boise or Nampa may find that their seats get tarnished. A great way to customize your truck and keep it cleaner is with RAM…
It doesn’t matter how you wash your car – if you’ve got an unwanted sticker on your car window, you’re not going to be satisfied with the results. Find out how to remove stickers from your windshield or windows with this step-by-step guide from the team at Dennis Dillon Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, serving drivers in the greater Boise region….
The 2018 Jeep Wrangler has undergone a total redesign this year, bringing the unmistakable looks and unparalleled off-road performance of this iconic SUV to a new generation of Jeep buyers in Boise. Looking for Idaho Jeep dealers with the all-new Wrangler? Check out the Jeep Wrangler colors here with Dennis Dillon CDJR in Caldwell, where…